Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Favorite Time of Year

It is strawberry season in Ohio. This was breakfast this morning.  Strawberry muffins.  Yum!


I got the recipe from here.  As always, I read the comments to see if the recipe needs adapting.  I followed the recommendations to add vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar and to reduce the flour.  This recipe is a keeper!

I'll be making other strawberry items because of this.


This is about 8 pounds of strawberries.  Ed and I picked 11 pounds.  I made one batch of freezer jam already and have plans for another batch today.  Also in the plans are a strawberry pie, a strawberry cake and freezing a bunch for smoothies.

My spinning wheel is back in the sun room.  She was moved out temporarily because to make room for Trisha's graduation party.  Lena and I have been spending a lot of time together lately.  I want to finish spinning this roving.  It is a BFL-silk blend I bought last year at the Great Lakes Fiber Festival. The plan is to Navajo ply this.  Once I see what yardage I have I'll decide what I am going to do with it.  I do know I will have to carefully store it because I have already found little beasties chewing on the roving.


The Linen Top is coming along.  I have about 30-35 rows to do before this piece is done.  Then I sew the two pieces together and block it.  My friend tells me to just toss this in the washer and dryer and it will soften up nicely.  I'm a little nervous about that.  I've never worked with linen before.  I should have enough linen leftover for a test swatch to play with first.  I'll toss that in the washer and dryer first.


After this is finished, I will get back to my Custom Basic Black.

No comments: