Saturday, August 23, 2014

Doesn't Fell Like Chugging Along Anymore

There must be a psychological theory for what is happening here.  When I was less than half finished with this, knitting on this was a chore.  It felt like it would never end.  Getting myself motivated to pick it up was a daunting task.  

But now that I can 'see the light at the end of the tunnel' I am anxious to sit down with this and knit.  I noticed this phenomenon while knitting the light blue/red square.  It didn't seem as tedious to me.  The brown square I am currently on has flown by.  I'll have that finished today and good progress made on the next square by the time I go to bed tonight.


One of the challenges I'm going to have as I approach the end is the yarn.  The yarn used in the first 8 blocks was purchased last year.  I sent my older daughter to the store a couple weeks ago to pick out more to coordinate.  She was only able to come back with five colors.  I do have leftovers from the original colors, but I'm not sure how far it will get me.  The inset blocks are probably going to end up being a bit larger in the last row.  I know Trisha won't care.  In the end I won't care either, but I do have a touch of OCD in me.  I will notice each time I see it.

Maybe one of the reasons the last couple blocks didn't seem as tedious is the colors.  I really love the red, light blue and brown next to each other.  I had never considered them together, but I think they coordinate quite well.


As I'm getting this finished, I am thinking about my next project.  It will be a shawl for my niece who is getting married next spring.  I am planning my own design, but I am taking inspiration from other patterns.  I have the center section planned. Ideas for the borders are still percolating.

No comments: