Saturday, April 11, 2015

It's a Wrap

Pun intended.  It's a wrap.  It's a shawl.  It's finished.


The knitting was over last weekend.  I think I wove in the ends last Sunday evening.


I had to wait until my daughter Kristin went back to college to block it.  Her bedroom is the best for blocking large items.


It is very drapey and light.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.


Finished measurements are 72 in x 24 in.  The definition of the stitches really thrill me.  It is now all boxed up and ready to take to the recipient.  I've really enjoyed this project, much more than I thought I would.  

Now on to other projects.  Something for me is in order.

Now that the weather is getting better, I'll probably be outside more.  Unless it is raining.  This past week was filled with an incredible amount of rain and thunderstorms.  This rainbow was from Thursday night.  We could use a little sun now to dry things out.


Part of my day today was spent at a quilting event.  A local organization provides quilts for patients at the Ohio State James Cancer Hospital.  Several friends and I spend the day sewing.  Here is the one quilt top I finished.  I have another mostly done.  It was a lot of fun.  You would think after a full day of sewing, I'd be sick of it.  Nope! It just made me want to do more sewing.


Too bad I have a day job and housework to do.

No comments: