Saturday, June 13, 2015

Strawberry Season

Ed and I got up early this morning and headed out to a Pick-Your-Own farm.  We were able to get over 5 pounds of strawberries, bit it wasn't easy.  The farmer said that strawberries need about an inch of rain a week to do well.  We haven't gotten nearly enough and it is now terribly hot.  What little rain we've had the past day or so will evaporate before the plants can absorb the water.


I hope to get some freezer jam and a pie out of this.  My challenge is Ed.  He is currently standing at the sink eating straight from the basket.

On the knitting front, I'm nearing the end of one of my Pay It Forward projects.  I don't know if the remaining ball will be enough yarn.  I have another skein but I really don't want to splice near the edge.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


This really has been an easy pattern and is very adaptable.  You knit the edging and then pick up stitches along the long edge.  Short rows give it a curved shape.  I figure I could use different lace edgings and make others like this.  It is an easy take-along pattern.

No comments: