Saturday, October 31, 2015

Rhinebeck Goodies

Things are wrapping up at work.  The first big wave of people to depart due to the voluntary early retirement signed out yesterday.  Rumor has it 250 left.  I met with a group at a local establishment for a celebration.  I have 10 more working days before I'm no longer there.  Yesterday I started to feel a bit of sadness knowing that I will never see a lot of these people again.  But in all honesty, it was a small bit.  I have the contact information for those I want to maintain a relationship with.

One question that kept coming up was "What are your plans?"  My plans are to enjoy the holidays and look for a new job in January.  I have plenty of projects around the house to do.  My fear is that I won't want to go back to work.

Speaking of projects, I am making headway on Wandering Moon.  I am in Clue 3 with about 20 more rows to go.  Clue 4 looks fast compared to Clue 3.  I should have this done by the end of next weekend.


Last time I mentioned that I went to Rhinebeck with a couple of my sisters.  I didn't mention, however, the goodies I bought.  I actually restrained myself.  In fact, I think I held back a little too much. What I didn't buy, but am now wishing I had, was a skein of sock yarn in brilliant autumn colors.  The beautiful fall color we are enjoying this year has made me crave oranges, reds, yellows and browns.  Any, I digress.  Here are the treasures I came home with:

Two books, one newly released and the other not-so-newly released.


I couldn't pass up this skein of cashmere cobweb-weight yarn.  It is going to become a lovely shawl someday.  It is in a beautiful blush color.


A bag of washed Lincoln locks.  It is 0.6 pounds.  I need to figure out how to comb or card it.  I don't have either tools, so I need to get some.  I looked online and am now suffering a bit of sticker shock.  I didn't realize how expensive wool combs and hand-carders were.  And I wasn't ready to see how expensive drum carder are!!


Although this doesn't qualify as a purchase, I did come home from Rhinebeck with a little more progress on my Custom Fit cardi.  I decided to work the sleeves together to increase the chances of getting this project done.  Once Wandering Moon is off the needles, I'll get back to this.  The goal is to wear it at Christmas.



No comments: