Sunday, November 8, 2015

Fighting Raynaud's

My middle child has a condition called Reynaud's Syndrome.  It is a circulatory problem where the hands and feet suffer restricted blood flow when they get cold.  Trisha's finger turn white and then purple as the blood flow decreases.  It can be painful.  She has noticed that she has difficulty holding her pen to take notes in class if the lecture hall is cold.  Her case isn't severe so the only treatment is to try to stay as warm as possible.  To that end, I decided she needed a pair of thrummed mittens.


The black yarn is from the stash given to me from my sister's friend.  I think it is Lamb's Pride, but I am not positive.  It is worsted weight and woolen spun.  The roving came from another sister.  It is your basic, cream wool.  It still has a lot of lanolin on it so it will help keep Trisha's hands soft and warm.

Wandering Moon is finished and is blocking.  It will make a nice scarf with my winter coat.


Here's a closeup of the detail.  The cable edging doesn't show up very nice in this photo.  Now that the weather is turning colder, I'll get a lot of use out of this.



No comments: